Top 10 things you should have in your boot.
Although we can’t prepare for every mishap that might occur when we are out and about on the roads, we can stock a few essentials in our car boot just in case.
Transtate Tyre & Suspension Services at Belconnen, Tuggeranong, Queanbeyan, with over 42 years experience in the industry, have heard a few stories or two about how people have broken down, and if they had only thought to keep a certain something in the car boot, they luck may have gone a different way.
We’ve put together a list of the Top 10 things you should always carry in your car boot, just in case!
- Fully inflated spare tyre – to replace a flat or damaged tyre.
- Tools – jack, tyre iron and other assorted basic tools.
- Duct tape – this universal tape can temporarily hold together all manner of items.
- Food & Water – to top up radiators or to drink if stranded for a lengthy period. Perishable snacks to sustain you if you are stranded for some time or have young children.
- Jumper leads – in the event of a flat battery these will get your battery going again.
- Torch – to provide light to look under the bonnet, underneath the car or see at night.
- First aid kit – to treat any minor injuries or serious ones as you wait for emergency services.
- Blanket or towel – can come in handy if broken down at night, to assist a patient or it’s a messy clean up.
- Spare change – you may need to make a phone call if your mobile has died or buy some supplies.
- Mobile phone charger – there are a number of portable, USB stick chargers that are a godsend if you are broken down and your mobile phone is dead. Be sure to check it is always fully charged to help you in the event of an emergency so you can plug your phone into it and call for help or locate where you are on google maps.
Transtate Tyre & Suspension Services hope this article gives you some ideas on what to have stored in the back of your boot in case of an emergency. You may wish to store a few more items in your boot depending on where and when you drive.
There is nothing worse than breaking down, knowing a basic item could have made the difference.
Transtate Tyre & Suspension Services have 3 convenient locations at Belconnen 02 6253 2244, at Tuggeranong 02 6293 2538 and Queanbeyan 02 6299 6747.
For any log book servicing, wheels, tyres, brakes and suspension needs you have, be sure to call the industry experts, Transtate Tyre & Suspension Services. We have 42 years experience and offer a 100% guarantee on all our services. Alternatively, submit your online query.
The friendly and professional team at Transtate Tyre & Suspension Services are happy to help!